Tuesday, February 9, 2010

this is the good (married) life

I wake up with a smile as he kisses me on the forehead, he’d say good morning. Id smile then close my eyes again.. I love his hug, he squeezes me in his arms protecting me from the shiver of the night. We would argue at times, maybe many times… but as we travel along the path of marriage we learn, that’s reality. That’s the thing we could never deny. We learn from each mistake we’ve had, but its still up to us if we would close our doors to learning. We could always turn back and pretend that we didn’t go through something that left us a mark, we always have a choice not to listen. But with this, we intend not to grow, we inhibit ourselves from being loved. Ive learned so much from my husband. Weve been married for almost three months, at first I would block the fact that he’s right, that he’s hurt because im also right and hurt too.. but love is selfless. I need to remember that and put it into actions.

For sometime ive given a limit to his freedom, afraid of nothing. But well he’s still an individual who needs to explore. Im his wife and I don’t want to be the one to stop his growth, I don’t want to push him away. He’s teaching me to grow, he is helping me. And as they say its always a give and take, it’s a two-way street, it takes two to tango. So for now, I want to grow by his side, give in to his world, be his bestfriend. And above all his wife.

I hate it when he ignores my call, but still I love to call him. I hate it when he hurts me, but still I long for him. I love his short comings, I love him. I do. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment